[yocto] FW: problem in LIC_FILES_CHKSUM

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 1 09:28:33 PDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 07:42 AM, Nikhil Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to build a linux kernel 2.6.35.3 for imx platform. We are
> facing a problem as attached in the mail.
>

> The following steps followed are as follows
>
> 1.Initially we have run the $bitbake poky-image-minimal for ‘qemuarm’
> machine. It got compiled.
>
> 2.Next I added a folder named ‘ linux-imx’ in
> ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux’ to create a kernel image
> for imx platform.
>
> 3.The linux-imx folder contains mx35pdk folder, which inturn contains
> defconfig file for imx35pdk board.
>
> 4.The linux.inc & linux-imx_git.bb is added in linux folder
> ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux’.
>
> 5.Added mx35pdk.conf file in ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\conf\machine’.
>
> 6.Then I ran $bitbake linux-imx
>
> Please see the following attached image.

You need to setup the LIC_FILES_CHKSUM correctly, is your linux-imx a
regular kernel source or does it contain other source?

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM is looking for a COPYING in the source directory, which
may not be in your source area, you can look at
tmp/work/mx35pdk-poky-linux/linux-imx-2.6.35.3-r0/git to check for the
correct licensing files.

Sau!