[yocto] building crownbay images

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Tue Jul 19 09:03:24 PDT 2011

> From: yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-
> bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Andre Haupt
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Yocto and to Distro work in general.
>
> I want to use Yocto on the Kontron nanoETXexpressTT boards.
> (http://de.kontron.com/products/computeronmodules/com+express/com+
> express+ultra/nanoetxexpresstt.html)
>
> These boards are based on the Intel Atom E6xx and the EG20T platform
> controller hub, so i think it is a good idea to start with the crownbay BSP.
>
> What would be the best, known to work, way to produce crownbay-noemgd
> images for poky bernard?
> Should i use git? Which branches should i use (the docs are contraditing at
> least in parts)?

Hi Andre - Tom is on holiday this week, so let me take a stab at this.

"Known to be good" - I try to make sure that the tarballs on the project website are a good way to go. These are on www.yoctoproject.org/download and then click "BSP Downloads". You can also get them from a git branch, but I don't know for sure which it is.

> I read somewhere, that i should install Yocto to /usr/local/src/yocto.
> Is this really necessary?

I don't. I just create a subdirectory in my home dir and untar the release there.

If you create and use the App Developer Tools, installing the cross tools in /opt/ is common.