[yocto] building crownbay images

Andre Haupt andre at bitwigglers.org
Tue Jul 19 03:15:47 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am new to Yocto and to Distro work in general.

I want to use Yocto on the Kontron nanoETXexpressTT boards.
(http://de.kontron.com/products/computeronmodules/com+express/com+express+ultra/nanoetxexpresstt.html)

These boards are based on the Intel Atom E6xx and the EG20T platform
controller hub, so i think it is a good idea to start with the crownbay
BSP.

What would be the best, known to work, way to produce crownbay-noemgd images
for poky bernard?
Should i use git? Which branches should i use (the docs are contraditing
at least in parts)?

I read somewhere, that i should install Yocto to /usr/local/src/yocto.
Is this really necessary?

Thanks for any hints.

regards,

Andre