[yocto] minimal yocto images not booting on Beagleboard-xM rev B

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 6 09:42:22 PDT 2011

On 07/06/2011 07:00 AM, G Rajender wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to Yocto project and Beagleboard.
>

> I am using Beagleboard-xM rev B. I got the information about Yocto
> project by search. Yocto is a good open platform for Embedded developers
> for target specific architectures.
>

> I have started working on Yocto project to build a LTP (Linux Test
> Project) Test frame work for Beagleboard-xM rev B. I have downloaded the
> Yocto release 1.0.1 and Beagleboard-xM BSP from the Yocto website. I
> have installed the Yocto project poky build tool and demo image in my
> Host PC (Ubuntu 10.04)as per poky quick start guide.
>

> *Now I am trying to execute the meta-bsp (meta-beagleboard) binaries
> (built images) on beagleboard-xM rev B as per README. Hardware file. But
> the beagleboard-xM revision B is not booting with theses BSP images.*

Hi Rajender,

Welcome to the Yocto Project.

We just recently completed a major overhaul to the meta-yocto
beagleboard BSP, bringing it closer in line with the
meta-texasinstruments BSP. I have tested on a C4 and an xM Rev A. I have
reports of it working on rev B and not working on rev C, which we are
looking into.

For the best Yocto beagleboard support, I suggest building from the git
repository until the 1.1 release later this year.

--
Darren

> * *
>
> *Also I want add the Beagleboard BSP to the BBlayers of poky. I am
> unable to understand the procedure explained in BSP developer’s guide.*
>

> *Can anyone suggest or share the experiences about above problems.*
>

> Thanks in advance and looking for your kind response.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>

> Rajender.G

> *Larsen & Toubro Limited
>
> www.larsentoubro.com
>
> *This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
> not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
> from your system.

Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel