[yocto] Building all packages using the released toolchain

Tian, Kevin kevin.tian at intel.com
Wed Jan 12 18:32:03 PST 2011

The make-native is required on Fedora14. So you don't need that step and
Instead you could directly:
	Bitbake poky-image-sato

Btw, could you post your errors?

For native packages, yes the host compiler from your distribution is expected btw.

> have also downloaded the toolchain in /opt/poky, and manually reran
> configure in the elfutils to use the compilers in /opt/poky and it built
> fine.
>
> What config changes do I have to make so that bitbake builds everything
> using the toolchain compilers rather than the default gcc?  (i.e have it
> run each configure script so that it specifies the toolchain compiler
> rather than use the default compiler)
>
> I did run the environment script
>
> 	/opt/poky/environment-setup-i586-poky-linux
>
> but apparently more is required

This makes me a bit confused what you're tempting to do. Did you try to build
a complete sato image, or want to use pre-built image and downloard toolchain
to develop application? For the former you don't need the later /opt/poky
stuff. For the latter you don't need build any native packages since all the toolchains
are already there.

Thanks
Kevin s