[yocto] Libtoo sysrootl issue when testing machine specific sysroot

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jan 12 03:38:13 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 10:57 -0800, Garman, Scott A wrote:
> On 01/10/2011 07:15 PM, Xu, Dongxiao wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > When testing the machine specific sysroot patchset for atom-pc and
> > emenlow machines, it exposed a libtool issue that, after the built of
> > "Machine A", and then try to build "Machine B" of the same
> > architecture, those "-L" paths generated by libtool still points to
> > the "Machine A" sysroot, which is definitely not correct and may have
> > issues.
>
> Thanks Donxiao for the info. I will make sure to test this scenario
> before submitting my libtool 2.4 sysroot support to ensure it is resolved.

I talked a little with Dongxiao about this and it looks like he needs to
improve the functionality in sstate to cope with sysroot per machine.

This isn't to say that the libtool 2.4 sysroot support won't reduce the
amount of relocation work those functions need to do which is all good
but both changes are needed independently of each other.

Cheers,

Richard