[yocto] Libtoo sysrootl issue when testing machine specific sysroot

Xu, Dongxiao dongxiao.xu at intel.com
Tue Jan 11 16:31:31 PST 2011

Garman, Scott A wrote:
> On 01/10/2011 07:15 PM, Xu, Dongxiao wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> When testing the machine specific sysroot patchset for atom-pc and
>> emenlow machines, it exposed a libtool issue that, after the built of
>> "Machine A", and then try to build "Machine B" of the same
>> architecture, those "-L" paths generated by libtool still points to
>> the "Machine A" sysroot, which is definitely not correct and may have
>> issues.
>
> Thanks Donxiao for the info. I will make sure to test this scenario
> before submitting my libtool 2.4 sysroot support to ensure it is
> resolved.

Hi Scott,

This issue may only happen with the implementation of machine specific sysroot.

Currently different machines of one architecture share the same path of sysroot and the issue would not be triggered.

If you want to do the above test, you can based on my branch http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dxu4/mach_sysroot_v3.

Or you can share me your branch if you think it is mostly stable, and then I can test my patchset on it. :-)

Thanks,
Dongxiao