[yocto] Notes from Tues, Feb 22nd Yocto Release Tracking Meeting

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Wed Feb 23 07:36:32 PST 2011

Pursuant to the notice sent on Friday, February 18th, the Yocto Release Tracking Meeting was held on Tuesday  February 22nd 8-9:15am Pacific time.  Notes are below for all interested.

Attendees:  Dave, Julie, Josh, Paul, Mark, Richard, Jessica, Kevin, Jeff Polk, Darren, Beth, Tom, Saul, Bruce, Alex

1) Introductions
Dave - Engineering Manager at Intel
Julie - Yocto Program Manager
Josh - Build System Minion
Paul - Build System Engineer
Mark - One of the User Space Leads, also responsible for cross-prelinker and the build to software integration
Richard - Yocto Project Architect
Jessica - ADT and XS Plugin Lead/Maintainer
Kevin - Wind River VP, Yocto Engineering Sponsor
Jeff Polk - Wind River Engineer that works on modifying Wind River Linux to deal better with Poky integration
Darren - Linux Kernel Engineer working on patches to the Linux Kernel for Yocto Project
Beth - Yocto Project Build and Release Engineer Extraordinaire (last part added by team)
Tom - Software Engineer, lately doing lots of work on Board Support Packages for Intel boards
Saul - Yocto Project Component Wrangler/User Space Architect
Bruce - Linux Kernel Engineer working on patches to the Linux Kernel for Yocto Project, Maintainer of Kernel portions of Yocto Project
Alex - Chief Linux Architect at Wind River; part-time Swabber Monkey

2) Review Yocto 1.0 Release Criteria:  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.0_Release_Criteria
- See website for changes
Action Item:  Richard will send an email to ask about the four features not fully in Master to ask about the disposition.
Action Item:  Saul:  Work with Scott G on the docutils failures.

Team decided that M3 will be RC1, which is scheduled to come out Friday.
** We do need to be cautious of what we are putting into Master for the next 3 days. **

Action Item:  Julie:  Send emails to people with open bugs (after today's scrub) to let them know our goals for Friday.

Action Item:  Julie:  Check with Scott on the Documentation progress.

Action Item:  Julie:  Send email off-line to get full demo status since we ran out of time for details.  As a result of that email, Julie may order hardware for Joshua.

3) Release Readiness decision for Yocto
Team agreed that the key stakeholders should meet informally Friday or Monday in order to determine if we are ready to release RC1.  Julie to work with Beth off-line to see if assistance is needed.

4) Opens/Risks
No new items noted.

Julie Fleischer
Open Source Technology Center