[yocto] What builds 'netbase'?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Sun Feb 20 06:51:47 PST 2011

On 2/19/11 8:58 AM, Chris Tapp wrote:
> I want to make some changes to /etc/interfaces.
>
> It looks to me as if this this comes from 'netbase', but what do I
> need to rebuild to get my changes in to the rootfs? i.e. is there
> something I can
>
> bitbake -c clean ???; bitbake ???
>
> to get my changes in to the rootfs image?
>
> I tried cleaning 'netbase', but that made no difference when I then
> 'bitbake poky-image-minimal'.

If you already have a built copy of netbase in your sstate-cache, all clean will
do is remove the built version, and resync from the cache.  (bitbake -c cleanall
will remove the sstate-cache files as well, forcing a complete rebuild from
fetch down to packaging...)

To avoid this, the best way (after changing the netbase) is to adjust the PR
within the recipe.

My suggestion is if the PR is "12", change it to "12.1" on your first
modification, "12.2" on your second, etc..

--Mark