[yocto] What builds 'netbase'?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sat Feb 19 13:39:37 PST 2011

On 19 Feb 2011, at 16:16, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 02/19/2011 07:58 AM, Chris Tapp wrote:
>> I want to make some changes to /etc/interfaces.
>>
>> It looks to me as if this this comes from 'netbase', but what do I
>> need to rebuild to get my changes in to the rootfs? i.e. is there
>> something I can
>>
>> bitbake -c clean ???; bitbake ???
>>
>> to get my changes in to the rootfs image?
>>
>> I tried cleaning 'netbase', but that made no difference when I then
>> 'bitbake poky-image-minimal'.
>
> Did you clean the shared state (sstate-cache) info that I told you
> about yesterday?

I have now, and it may have made a difference. I say 'may' because the
build failed else where in a way I couldn't fix without deleting tmp/
and rebuilding. I'll try again later ;-)

It seems as if this sstate-cache trick is worth using by default.

I'm having a problem with libSDL linking against libdirectfb-1.2, not
the 1.4 that's in the build. I had previously done a 'cleanall'
rebuild of libSDL to see if anything showed up, but there was nothing
to see.

However, doing the same and deleting the sstate-cache items as well
means that I can now see warnings to say that it uses /usr/include
and /usr/lib (which is where it gets the 1.2 from).

Is this behaviour 'by design' (i.e. something that should always be
done), or is it an issue with bitbake? I can't see anything in the
Yocto bugzilla if it is.

Chris