[yocto] Adding machine for linux-yocto-stable

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Feb 8 06:11:17 PST 2011

On 11-02-08 08:46 AM, Diego Sueiro wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to get devkit8000 kernel compiled with linux-yocto-stable recipe.
> I've added devkit8000 on COMPATIBLE_MACHINE and on KMACHINE_dekvkit800.
>
> But I don't know what pokylinux branch to use to make the kernel build
> works.
>
> I believe that I have to config these variables:
>
>     LINUX_KERNEL_TYPE

This one defaults to something sane, so you don't need
to set this line.

>     SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-yocto-stable_devkit8000

You would need to set this, to a SRCREV of the branch you'll
end up building.

> Any suggestions?

Are you working out of an up to date master ? I've made some
changes recently that allow BSPs to bootstrap/reuse existing
branches. If you aren't on the latest master the procedure
is different.

Cheers,

Bruce