[yocto] RFC: Web UI design for bitbake

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:28:30 PST 2011

2011/12/20 Wang, Shane <shane.wang at intel.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Web UI interface is the next what we are going to do. Uriel drafted the first iteration of the architecture design and I posted it onto https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Web_UI.
>
> Looking forward to your feedbacks.
>
> --
> Shane

It sounds like you want to build it all from scratch, quite a lot of
work to build a fully featured web build system,
in this case compatibility to other systems would be nice.

For web builds with bitbake, Jenkins-CI (a fork of the continuous
integration system Hudson) [1] could be worth a look,
it is more than just a build tool.

There is also Autobuilder, but I guess for end users it is too much
configuration effort?
Jenkins-CI was very easy to setup and with a plug-in it could be as
simple as pointing the web-UI to the Bitbake path,
managing cluster/cloud/slave-pc entities is easy too.

Just my 0.02 cents in the case that you didn't already cast it in concrete.
IMHO it looks like Jenkins and the concept-pdf are very similar,
only difference seems to be: you want to invent it all by yourself?

[1] Jenkins-CI : http://jenkins-ci.org/

--
Regards
Samuel