[yocto] RFC: Web UI design for bitbake

Yury Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:15:46 PST 2011

2011/12/20 Wang, Shane <shane.wang at intel.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Web UI interface is the next what we are going to do. Uriel drafted the first iteration of the architecture design and I posted it onto https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Web_UI.
>
> Looking forward to your feedbacks.

I would prefer to remove PHP from there and re-use python (django
framework e.g.) just because we already have python as bitbake runtime
dependency. We may even use builtin python-based web-server because
control interface requires no high perfomance solutions.

I remember some ideas about splitting bitbake to client/server
processes like e.g. transmission or quassel.
Then one may run bitbake server on headless machine and control it
with bitbake client from desktop/notebook/tablet. So one may control
it with any bitbake client - HOB, WebUI, command-line.

--
Yury Bushmelev