[yocto] Using yocto/standard by default

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Dec 13 21:27:29 PST 2011

On 11-12-13 6:46 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> We hit another lock-step SRCREV bug earlier on the FRI2 BSP. This was
> due mostly to my pushing the efi changes to meta-intel too early - but,
> it highlights a maintenance step that I believe could be eliminated for
> most boards.
>
> We have a yocto/standard/fri2 branch, but it doesn't contain any
> additional changes over yocto/standard/base. If we were to make
> yocto/standard/base the default for KBRANCH, shouldn't we be able to
> eliminate all the BSP branches that are identical to
> yocto/standard/base? This would significantly reduce the number of
> SRCREV updates that are required and likely reduce the number of
> Autobuilder failures we experience as a result. Seems like it would also
> help make the git tree easier to deal with.
>
> Any opinions here?

It's a valid config, and something that works now. So there's no
reason to not use it. New branches can be created IF a board really
does need to merge conflicting patches. The emgd stuff was a problem
and required branches, but if we have nothing like that, squashing the
branches is a nice simplification.

Cheers,

Bruce