[yocto] Using yocto/standard by default

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Dec 13 15:46:59 PST 2011

We hit another lock-step SRCREV bug earlier on the FRI2 BSP. This was
due mostly to my pushing the efi changes to meta-intel too early - but,
it highlights a maintenance step that I believe could be eliminated for
most boards.

We have a yocto/standard/fri2 branch, but it doesn't contain any
additional changes over yocto/standard/base. If we were to make
yocto/standard/base the default for KBRANCH, shouldn't we be able to
eliminate all the BSP branches that are identical to
yocto/standard/base? This would significantly reduce the number of
SRCREV updates that are required and likely reduce the number of
Autobuilder failures we experience as a result. Seems like it would also
help make the git tree easier to deal with.

Any opinions here?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center