[yocto] Variable locality too restricted.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 7 06:10:32 PST 2011

On Wednesday 07 December 2011 15:07:54 Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Changing MACHINE has other implications though; do we not have any other
> > way to switch out the kernel on a per-image basis?
>
> And how would that work from a packaging perspective? AIUI changing
> DISTRO/MACHINE flags in an image is a recipe for failure.

I'm not suggesting changing the kernel configuration for the existing kernel;
naturally you would need a different kernel recipe. Surely you should just be
able to have a different kernel that is built and installed for a different
image file? No invalidated packages necessary.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton