[yocto] building the examples from "meta-demo"

David Smoot davidsmoot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:30:27 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM, David Smoot <davidsmoot at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip background>

> Obviously I have missed a step to tell poky how to find that image but
> so far I have not been able to google the answer to my mistake.
>
> Thanks in advance for any answers and thanks for such a cool tool.
>
> David Smoot

I think I solved my original question but ran into another problem:

In my build directory, I edited conf/bblayer.conf to add the path to
the "meta-demo" folder to the BBLAYERS variable.

That got me further but it appears now that the meta-demo recipes
reference things I do not have in my poky tree.  I am guessing that
the demo was coded for the yocto 1.0 release and is broken by the
yocto 1.1 structure.

I got an error "ERROR: Could not include required file
recipes-core/images/core-image-live.inc".  I did not need a live image
for what I was working on so I simply removed the -live recipes and
that got me past that error but to a new error:
ERROR: No recipes available for:
/opt/yocto/poky/meta-demo/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bbappend
/opt/yocto/poky/meta-demo/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_git.bbappend"

So two questions:
Is my assumption about 1.0 vs 1.1 appear to be correct or is there
another source of error (I am very new at Yocto)?
Has anyone ported the upnp demo apps to 1.1 yet?

thanks again,
David