[yocto] Missing patch files in SRC_URIs

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 24 04:11:27 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

On Wednesday 24 August 2011 08:59:15 Chris Tapp wrote:
> bitbake doesn't seem to be detecting missing patch files. In
> a .bbappend file (for linux-wrs_git) I have:
>
> SRC_URI += " file://defconfig"
>
> SRC_URI_append_Vortex86DX = "\
> 	   file://there-is-no.patch;patch=1 "

FYI patch=1 is no longer necessary as of quite some time ago - the .patch (or
.diff) extension is enough to indicate that it's a patch.

> bitbake -c patch -f virtual/kernel
>
> runs without reporting any errors, even though linux-wrs_Vortex86DX/
> does not contain 'there-is-no.patch'.

Are you sure there is no patch of this name elsewhere in the search path for
this recipe? This is buggy behaviour if there isn't. (bitbake -e linux-wrs |
grep "^FILESPATH" will give you the entire path it is using.) In any case the
directory it should search for the patch in is linux-wrs/Vortex86DX not linux-
wrs_Vortex86DX.

I'd also recommend for consistency if it's not too difficult to change at this
point that you use an all-lowercase machine name.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton