[yocto] Personal git repositories

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 26 21:56:07 PDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 09:37 PM, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 08:57 PM, Darren Hart wrote:

>>> Only a 2nd vote for something like this. I've had a need for
>>> this on several occasions, and often I'd like to get something out, and
>>> then slot it into a more "official" location later. My current
>>> location for the 2.6.39-yocto kernel on my kernel.org account sort
>>> of says it all :)
>>
>> Right. I just pushed meta-boottime to my kernel.org account as well. I'd
>> much rather have that be:
>>
>> git://git.yoctoproject.org/dvhart/meta-boottime.git
>>

> I also think this is a good idea, but can we wait until we get things
> transitioned to the new server and stabilized before adding new things
> right now?

I believe so. Bruce and I can use kernel.org for now. Tom and I can use
personal branches in meta-intel. But I'd like to see a solution here
before we see widespread use of kernel.org and github to manage git
trees as it will be collectively a lot more work to move people to the
new infrastructure - and we'll lose some mindshare in the meantime.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center