[yocto] Poky release is 5.0 "Bernard" confusion

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Sat Apr 9 23:58:18 PDT 2011

Hi Scott,

> This suggests to me that your local git repository isn't up to date. The
> tag has been moved at least once since it was created, and it sounds
> like your repository is behind the most recent move of the tag.
>
> Note: if you use git fetch --all, that will fetch new tags but doesn't
> update old ones that have moved - you need to explicitly run git fetch
> --tags.

Thanks, you are absolutely right:

git pull

is not enough;)

git fetch --tags
>From git://git.pokylinux.org/poky
 - [tag update]      bernard-5.0 -> bernard-5.0

> HTH,
>
> Scott

Regards,

Robert
..."The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or
fight its enemies is lunch." - Michael Friedman

My public pgp key is available at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1