[yocto] Poky release is 5.0 "Bernard" confusion

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Sat Apr 9 05:04:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a tag in
git://git.pokylinux.org/poky.git which corresponds to the official
release tarball and what it is?

What puzzles me is that if you check out bernard-5.0 from the git
repository it does not correspond to
http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/poky/poky-bernard-5.0.tar.bz2

OK, it does not seem to be anything seriously different between the two:

#       modified:   README.hardware
#       modified:   documentation/adt-manual/adt-prepare.xml
#       modified:   documentation/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.xml
#       modified:   meta/conf/distro/poky.conf

... but you might want to synchronize since some people prefer to work
from git and others from the tarball.

As an example the README.hardware found in the tarball suggests to build
and update u-boot for the Freescale MPC8315E-RDB, which does not exist
in the git repo.

Regards,

Robert