[yocto] Bugzilla Changes

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Sat Oct 30 01:50:47 PDT 2010

We need to review the existing Bugzilla and update the Products and
Categories to reflect the projects correctly.  Please review this email
and make comments, suggestions for moving forward with a better Bugzilla
categorization.

Currently we have "Core OS" with the following Components:
   General
   Graphics Driver
   Kernel
   Tool Chain

Along with "Poky" which contains:
   General
   SDK Tools

There are also product categories for "Runtime Distribution", "Sato" and
"SDK Plugins". Along with other infrastructure items.

I would propose that we clearly define the some new products and move
bugs as appropriate:

Poky Build System - for Poky class and configuration issues
User Space  - for user space, patching and runtime failures
Tool Chain - break it down to compiler, tools, libraries, and general
Kernel - Break it down to Arch  / Config components
SDK - For all SDK related issues, have components for plugin, tools, ...
Sato - as it exists today
Runtime Distribution- Delete this, we are not a distro (no bugs now)

Additionally, there is other discussion about Poky Test components for
the standards tests such as LSB, LTP, Posix.

We will need to add Product Categories for other Yocto Projects that do
not have bugzilla yet.

Finally we need to update the Bugzilla Interface to be Yocto Project,
changing naming as appropriate.

Please take a few minutes to review this and give some feedback.

Thanks

     Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel