[yocto] RFC: "Demo Use Cases" documentation for the web page

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 22 13:22:00 PDT 2010

On 10/21/2010 05:26 PM, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

Hrm... do we want to explicitly call them out? The point is that it was
multi-architecture, but for some to recreate it, the point is that it
doesn't really matter what hardware they have - poky can build for any
of them.

What do others think, should we mention the specific boards in use at
the demo?

> Also a simple figure is always more intuitive to catch the intention here. :-)
>
>> o Should we modify the mediatomb image to:
>>    o automatically mount a specific share from the NAS?
>>    o add something to the config to automatically scan the
>>      media share?
>> o The poky-image-rygel description needs to be updated as we finalize
>>    the package.
>>

> One thought is, could we convert this demo page into something more useful
> as the collection for various use cases on Yocto which can be contributed by
> any user, and then here UPnP is the 1st example?

I'm not opposed to the idea, but for now, let's just make it a page
where people can go and get more detail about what we did for the demo
and get them started on replicating it if they should so choose.

--
Darren Hart
Embedded Linux Kernel