[yocto] Media Network Demo: Black Sand and Netbook

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 21 15:44:34 PDT 2010

I build mediatomb and rygel live atom-pc images from today's poky/master
+ meta-demo/master. I booted mediatomb on the BlackSand and rygel on the
netbook. I had to manually start the rygel renderer on the netbook. I
didn't see gupnp-av-cp on the rygel image as I expected and the
gupnp-universal-cp command failed to start on the netbook (via a sato
terminal) complaining about missing icons. If I tried to stabrt this
over an ssh - connection, the gupnp-universal-cp started fine (strange).

I could run gupnp-av-cp from my laptop (Ubuntu 10.10) and play music
from mediatomb on the rygel renderer. (YAY)

What I'd like to see is for gupnp-av-cp to start automatically after the
sato desktop loads on each renderer. This would make each renderer a
standalone player.

So, it's functional (awesome!) and I see these ARs as pending for the
demo images:

[ ] add gupnp-av-cp to the rygel image
[ ] start rygel on boot (after networking)
[ ] start gupnp-av-cp after the sato desktop loads on the rygel image
[ ] setup networking on each of the non-nas images to dhcp on eth0

With the above, each image should boot to a functional state with no
manual interference required.

How much of the above is already planned and how much do we need to get
an owner for?

--
Darren Hart
Embedded Linux Kernel