[yocto] Yocto project 0.0 Release Readiness Review

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Thu Oct 21 13:03:09 PDT 2010

Attending: Paul, Davest, Dirk, Richard, Saul, Alex, Mark, Jessica, Bruce, Darren

Goal: Review the release criteria and make a clear decision to see that we're ready to release.

                * Documentation and web site will become live over the weekend for check out
                * One high open bug (issue with zypper on targets) to be addressed early in post-launch time frame, OK for now
                * Medium open bug count is higher than desired; major focused effort on resolving bugs in next dev cycle
                * Full test report for all architectures pending - will review by end of week

Decision: Go for launch

Details:

Features Completeness -  100%
                Exceptions relative to the features on the product requirement:
                                Tunnel Creek BSP - will be available by end of November
                                Documentation - the basic pieces are there, more are coming in post 0.9 launch
                                Several engineers unfamiliar with the project are taking the existing bits and making sure they can do a build without hand-holding. This should be complete by latest on Sunday.

Bug Status:
                Note: these bug count goals are suggestions for now, we need to

* No High Bugs. Actual bugs below:
                190 - an enhancement, will be addressed for the 0.9 release
                443 - zypper segfaulting on some architectures parsing package list on some images.  Zypper really needs to be rearchitected early in the 1.0 cycle. Just use RPM directly. Document.
                477 - Certain Python modules don't work on the target, late breaking, will downgrade to medium

* Medium Bugs < 15
                51 total are open now, 7 will be addressed before launch
                Does not meet the criteria, but as these are documented we believe they are acceptable to ship with.
                We need to do a serious effort to reduce the bug count for 1.0.
                We also need to analyze our bug handling process in the next planning meeting.

* Low Bugs < 30
                37 are open now.

* No Undecided Bugs
                May include some which come in very late and have not been dispositioned yet.

Unit Tests Completed - 100%
Test Cases Completed - 100%
                What was planned was completed. Would like to expand this going forward.

Sanity Test - 100%
BAT Testing - 100%
Full Test - 90% Passing
                93% completion for all architectures for QEMU and iA hardware
                Need report on ARM, PPC and MIPs hardware - Saul

Legal & License - Have Legal & Open Source PDT Approval
                Have completed all required legal review

Docs - Pass stakeholder review & Publish to Website
                Currently in process and under review, should be available for review