[yocto] Try latest yocto adt script installer

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Wed Dec 15 20:43:32 PST 2010

Ke, Liping wrote:
> Hi, Jessica
>
> I have tested newly added image types  (sato minimal) in the user
> configuration file.
>
> One known thing is: for extracting root fs, currently our
> code/configuration logic is: Only one rootfs (minimal, sato, sdk) is
> workable for each arch.

It's our current design, the thinking is no matter what rootfs (minimal,
sato, sdk or lsb), very likely user needs to use some sort of package
management system to add and remove packages in target sysroot.  The rootfs
just gives user the closest base to start with...

> So if user want to extract another rootfs, he needs to change user
> config and run the installation again.
> I am not sure if we need to allow user to extract multiple rootfs for
> each arch.  In that case, either configuration file section needs to
> add directory unfs-folder for each arch-imagetype combination or keep
> the configuration file, we automatically add sub directory image type
> under user's designated nfs-folder.
>
> As for downloading file, I strongly feel that we need let user choose
> whether he want to download again if the same file name existing in
> the ./download folder with more and more available testing qemu
> images... Even in intranet, I felt the downloading is quite slow...
> Each time when testing, I need to wait several minutes.

Then can you modify the code before downloading each file, check whether its
already exist or not, if so, prompt the user to confirm re-download or skip?
And remove the existing checking for the download directory?

Thanks,
Jessica