[yocto] PULL] ADT installer script implementation, Liping Ke

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Thu Dec 9 18:33:10 PST 2010

Hi, Richard & Jessica

Actually I am not sure user requirement about the configuration input UI interactive interface

One possible solution is
1) For those can't be changed by users (supported archs, supported os, it is defined by us), I prefer no UI interaction, and hard code in script
2) For those could be changed, but rarely (log file location, image downloading temporary folder, opkg configuration filename), I will still let it in the configuration file,
   If configuration file does not exist, I will give a default value. {Question here, do you need I prompt user each of those configurations, and in screen give another chance of changing instead of changing configuration file?)
3) For those need user input (mostly in yocto_installer.conf), if this file does not exist, directly prompt user errors and exit installation? Since without this file, we don't know user want to install what?
So still the question, if already having configuration file, we still need user to input something in screen besides Y or N?

Another question is that since we need to bitbake the installation tarball out. So we will fetch opkg source tarball by bitbake instead of providing a default one in the local folder. Is that right?

Thanks & Regards,
criping