[yocto] param format about qeme extra options parse in

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Mon Dec 6 23:29:41 PST 2010

Hi, Jessica & Scott

I am now looking at the task of User specified qemu config support, desc " We'll provide user an edit box which allows advanced qemu user to specify arbitrary qemu configuration to meet their needs, which the poky-qemu scrip will just append the config list towards the end of the list of parameters to bring up qemu, it also expect the poky-qemu script to do some basic sanity check on the user specifications to catch the obvious mistake"

Currently, for the user experiences, the param parsing is without specific ordering. So the parsing shell code would be somewhat fixed. Since we're needing to append other user options directly, the options vary greatly. So my plan is all user options are put into "" and read in as one parameters for easier processing in the shell script, for example:

./poky-qemu qemuarm qemuarm.bin unfs_dir serial "-smp -hda /dev/myfda_file -m 256" (extra options for advance user)

How do you think of it? All extra options are given within "" as one parameter.

Thanks& Regards,
criping