[yocto-ab] Project Status: The good, the bad and the worrying

akuster akuster at mvista.com
Wed Feb 13 10:23:17 PST 2019

On 2/13/19 9:23 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 08:00 -0800, akuster wrote:
>>> Also, many members layers do not have Yocto Project Compatible
>>> Status.
>>> Meta-Openembedded has issues which many layers depend upon, as does
>>> for
>>> example meta-arago or parts of mentor's layers, with engineers
>>> claiming
>>> lack of time is the reason.
>> It is also a black hole process. Not sure if this is do to the
>> pending TLC creation or not.

I think you mean TSC and the answer is partly.

I do that all the time but we do need some TLC ; )

> There is an open bug
> about problems with the YP Compatible script. Most engineers ignore the
> bugzilla at this point :(. Who is going to document the process?
> Perhaps help automate it?
>
> The working group basically has the remit for this right now but for
> something like that it means Nico or I need to do it (Michael could do
> some of it).
In the past, approval for layers was done via the AB mailing list and
several folks would check it out.  We worked out any short fails the
script has.

Now we see nothing. Should I take it as there are no pend requests ? is
that the case?

Regards,
Armin