[yocto-ab] Future of powerpc support in Yocto Project?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu May 10 14:23:55 PDT 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-10 at 11:10 -0600, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 05/10/2018 10:57 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Any feedback on how people feel about powerpc support is welcome.
> Do these comments apply to the PPC64 stuff?

I was deliberately vague. We currently don't run any testing on ppc64,
I believe it mostly works apart from qemu graphics.

I'd really like to understand which elements of powerpc any of the AB
members are interested in/using so that we ensure we're focusing effort
where it makes sense.

As Khem mentions, we'd not likely need to drop things yet but we could
make it secondary priority and reduce testing for example. The
autobuilders are undergoing restructuring and this may be part of that.

Cheers,

Richard