[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE meta-ti BSP layer YP Compatible

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Mar 5 15:02:07 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 07:18:41PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:

> >> A BSP layer cannot change other machines, so it implies that a non-BSP
> >> machine must be tested against.
> >
> > So, this eudev.bbappend, you are so adamant about, adds couple files to
> > SRC_URI, which are not patches, just extra rule files, so the source doesn't
> > change. They are also not installed by default, they are only installed on TI
> > machines...
> >
> > Ok, running bitbake-diffsigs manually to emulate your error condition, I get
> > this signature difference. Now, changing SRC_URI to only add those 2 files
> > for TI machines, so for anything else it would pretty much result in an empty
> > bbappend. And guess what? It still reports the same signature difference!
>
> The SRC_URI ought to use:
>
> SRC_URI_append_ti-soc or whatever you use as the common override.

I already did that.

> That said I am struggling to understand why it didn't fail to you.

Well, there are no clear detailed steps for how to properly run the script.
I've tried it with and without specifying --machines, either TI machines or
qemu ones. Lots of different combinations. Most of them PASS for me. I've had
issues trying to mix ARMv5 and ARMv7, as I mentioned earlier, due to
DEFAULTTUNES being different and failing in go-cross-arm. Required some heavy
editing and some manual steps to get to the bitbake-diffsigs issue...

> Documenting how I did run the test here:
>
> bblayers with:
>
>  - meta (oe-core)
>
> MACHINE = 'qemuarm'
> DISTRO = 'nodistro'
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " x11 pam"
>
> Using:
>
> % yocto-check-layer ../sources/meta-ti

No other machines, just qemuarm? It passes here for me then.

> Your change did fix it but indeed was happening before.

I'm glad it fixed it for you.

--
Denys