[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE meta-ti BSP layer YP Compatible

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Mon Mar 5 14:18:41 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 04:25:20PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:12 PM, akuster <akuster at mvista.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On 03/05/2018 10:48 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > FWIW, just tried with distroless setup - only oe-core and meta-ti and still
>> > get a PASS.
>> >
>> > Did you test with qemuarm?
>> >

>> > The current explanation in the dev-manual does not make that a requirement
>> > for the Yocto-check-layer to be run. If it is unclear, then we need to
>> > update doc's or clarify things in the docs.
>> >
>> >  If the script is mis-behaving, then please open a bug.
>>
>> A BSP layer cannot change other machines, so it implies that a non-BSP
>> machine must be tested against.
>
> So, this eudev.bbappend, you are so adamant about, adds couple files to
> SRC_URI, which are not patches, just extra rule files, so the source doesn't
> change. They are also not installed by default, they are only installed on TI
> machines...
>
> Ok, running bitbake-diffsigs manually to emulate your error condition, I get
> this signature difference. Now, changing SRC_URI to only add those 2 files
> for TI machines, so for anything else it would pretty much result in an empty
> bbappend. And guess what? It still reports the same signature difference!

The SRC_URI ought to use:

SRC_URI_append_ti-soc or whatever you use as the common override. That
said I am struggling to understand why it didn't fail to you.

Documenting how I did run the test here:

bblayers with:

 - meta (oe-core)

MACHINE = 'qemuarm'
DISTRO = 'nodistro'
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " x11 pam"

Using:

% yocto-check-layer ../sources/meta-ti

Your change did fix it but indeed was happening before.