[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE meta-ti BSP layer YP Compatible

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Mar 5 11:50:09 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 04:25:20PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:12 PM, akuster <akuster at mvista.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 03/05/2018 10:48 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, just tried with distroless setup - only oe-core and meta-ti and still
> > get a PASS.
> >
> > Did you test with qemuarm?
> >

> > The current explanation in the dev-manual does not make that a requirement
> > for the Yocto-check-layer to be run. If it is unclear, then we need to
> > update doc's or clarify things in the docs.
> >
> >  If the script is mis-behaving, then please open a bug.
>
> A BSP layer cannot change other machines, so it implies that a non-BSP
> machine must be tested against.

So, this eudev.bbappend, you are so adamant about, adds couple files to
SRC_URI, which are not patches, just extra rule files, so the source doesn't
change. They are also not installed by default, they are only installed on TI
machines...

Ok, running bitbake-diffsigs manually to emulate your error condition, I get
this signature difference. Now, changing SRC_URI to only add those 2 files
for TI machines, so for anything else it would pretty much result in an empty
bbappend. And guess what? It still reports the same signature difference!

--
Denys