[yocto-ab] [Fwd: Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder]

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Fri Apr 29 05:41:47 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> I didn't say it was well documented, I said that I've mentioned it in
> each discussion we've had on membership criteria and I've been pushing
> the advisory board to resolve the docuemtnation for a long time. My
> understanding that its a gold benefit has promoted by the LF, its the
> reason some people joined as gold and we need to be fair about the
> rules, well documented or otherwise.
>
> There needs to be a reaction to the drop in membership level and this
> is my understanding of how our current setup works and what the
> different benefits are.
>
> If the advisory board wishes to advise me that I'm in error, it can.
>
> I'd strongly suggest that $10,000 doesn't buy you the autobuilder
> testing though as its not economically viable. I've been *very* clear
> about this all along.

fwiw, we might be the most recent members, and before joining I got a
slide deck from LF , which among many things say the following:

Advisory Board – Gold

* Full vote for each Gold member
* YP Participant status, can register products as YP Compatible
* Frequent interactions with maintainers
* Influence project investment decisions
* Logo displayed prominently at events
* Mentor program available
* 25% Discount on Linux Foundation Yocto Training classes
* Additional passes to Collab Summit
* Named designation (if desired) as Gold-level Advisory Board member in Linux
* Foundation Events/Collateral
* BSP/layer hosting, layer included in automated build and test infrastructure
  provided by Yocto Project

I agree that it ought to be better documented either publicly or
privately if preferred.

cheers
nicolas