[yocto-ab] [Fwd: Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder]

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Apr 29 05:36:41 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 09:21 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 08:49 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> > > Those rules ought to be written somewhere and not decided on the
> > > fly.
> >
> > Whenever we're discussed the membership criteria, the autobuilder
> > has
> > always been a gold level item. We've been consistent about that. We
> > have taken a "loss leader" type approach with some people as I
> > mentioned but this certainly hasn't been decided "on the fly" at
> > all.
> >
> > The reason why its gold level is due to the amount of various
> > people's
> > time it takes up as well as the physical resources it needs, its
> > simply
> > not viable otherwise.
>
> Please point me the link for the membership criteria.

I didn't say it was well documented, I said that I've mentioned it in
each discussion we've had on membership criteria and I've been pushing
the advisory board to resolve the docuemtnation for a long time. My
understanding that its a gold benefit has promoted by the LF, its the
reason some people joined as gold and we need to be fair about the
rules, well documented or otherwise.

There needs to be a reaction to the drop in membership level and this
is my understanding of how our current setup works and what the
different benefits are.

If the advisory board wishes to advise me that I'm in error, it can.

I'd strongly suggest that $10,000 doesn't buy you the autobuilder
testing though as its not economically viable. I've been *very* clear
about this all along.

Cheers,

Richard