[yocto-ab] Yocto Project Compatible Version?

Jeffrey Osier-Mixon jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Fri May 29 09:13:21 PDT 2015

>sorry, I am using the Projects terms see:
>https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/yocto-project-compliance-program

Yes - I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure how that program
acquired the name "compliance" but it really shouldn't have it. We need
to revise it the language.

>So If I have been approved for 1.7 on product "X" and later I add a new
>BSP for product "X", I need to ask for approval again? even if this
>occurs 20 times over the life of product "X" or and to add a new
>feature/package?

>Not what I am asking. If I have been approved for 1.7 and I include
>Oe-core. If I update one package that resides in OE-core to a later
>version, does that invalidated the approval?
Ah, I think I understand a bit better now.

I would say that updating one or two packages shouldn't invalidate YP
Compatible status as long as the result is tested in the same way as the
original. In fact, I'm not sure the other OSVs lock packages anyway.
(WR/Enea/MG folks, care to comment?) But I can see that eventually you'd
get into Favorite Hammer territory (e.g. this is my favorite hammer, I
have replaced the head twice and the handle three times).

I think you are very clearly pointing out the inconsistencies with this
particular program, and I will make sure to work on resolving these
issues over the summer. Sorry again for the confusion.