[yocto-ab] YP Advocacy: Fossetcon 2014

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Fri Mar 28 14:47:09 PDT 2014

There is a new conference forming in the southeast - actually an older
conference being revitalized - called FOSSETCON, the Free and Open
Source Software Expo and Technology Conference, Sept 11-13 in Orlando,
Florida.

http://fossetcon.org/

This conference is being organized by Bryan Smith, who is active in
the BeagleBoard, MinnowBoard, and Yocto Project communities and has a
strong embedded focus. I have co-presented with him before at OSCON.

Bryan is looking for conference sponsors, and has proposed a Yocto
Project presence at FOSSETCON. Although YP talks have been presented
at SCaLE and many other confs, we have not typically done regional
Linux or open source conferences before, but I think that of all of
regionals, this one might be the most relevant to our industry due to
the embedded focus.

Let's discuss this at the next YP Advocacy meeting on Weds. Even if YP
is not able to participate directly, I would like to encourage all
member orgs to consider this conference.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel
Yocto Project Community Manager http://yoctoproject.org