[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: DevDay ELCE CFP & Sponsoring

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Mon Jun 30 11:17:38 PDT 2014

Following up with an updated schedule and a reminder of the
opportunity to help sponsor this event. We hope to open registration
this week. If you are on the Advocacy mailing list, you already have
an invitation to a meeting on Tuesday to discuss.

I have a list of several people who have expressed interest in
training and/or speaking at DevDay. We will likely need more,
especially for the advanced presentations in the afternoon. For now
speaking preference is still given for YP member organizations. So get
those ideas to me soon.

As for hardware, we now have commitments for BeagleBone Blacks and
Intel Galileo boards. We hope to also have MinnowBoards as well as a
board from Freescale available. I plan to call a trainers meeting the
week of July 6 to finalize themes, get started on adapting materials,
and choose sensors to attach in the hands-on labs.

Also, the venue is able to provide high-quality dedicated internet
connectivity, so we may choose to keep our cloud servers at home in
the co-lo, which would be far easier than shipping them to the venue.
This decision is under discussion.

08:30-9:15 welcome (Jefro) & keynote (speaker TBD)
09:15-09:30  coffee
09:30-12:30 morning session:
    beginners in main room for Intro to YP (Rudi Streif)
    advanced users hands on in 2 classrooms
        (instructors Chris Hallinan?, Mark Hatle)
12:30-13:30 lunch
13:30-16:30 afternoon session:
    beginners in 1 classroom
        instructors: Chris Hallinan and/or Rudi Streif
    advanced users in main room for presentations
        (4 speakers TBD: Khem, Mark? Paul? Ross?)
16:30-17:00 beer & wrapup

I'm also looking for keynote ideas.

Sponsor opportunities currently include:

- giveaways
- lunch
- coffee breaks
- sensors/screens/etc for hands-on labs

Contact me if you want to sponsor any of these at some level. The
sooner you contact me about them, the better.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel
Yocto Project Community Manager http://yoctoproject.org