[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: DevDay ELCE CFP & Sponsoring

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Wed Jun 11 11:05:23 PDT 2014

I'd like to thank those folks who have volunteered ideas and hardware
and/or provided speakers for DevDay, October 16 in Dusseldorf. The
advocacy team is working with LF to secure a location, registration,
and all the amenities needed to provide another spectacular DevDay.

We still need some support, so I will continue to pester people. At
this point, we need to lock down speakers and get started on training
materials.

This informal CFP is an opportunity for you to participate in DevDay
and make it a success, and to make sure your organization's interests
are well represented.

Between now and Friday, June 20, please submit training personnel and
specific ideas for content along the following guidelines for DevDay.
This schedule is not set in stone but it is similar to what we have
done in the past.

08:30-9:15 welcome (Jefro) & keynote (speaker TBD)
09:15-09:30  coffee
09:30-12:30 morning session:
    beginners in main room for Intro to YP (Rudi Streif)
    advanced users in 2 classrooms (IoT, robots, automotive, etc)
        (instructors TBD)
12:30-13:30 lunch
13:30-16:30 afternoon session:
    beginners in 1 or 2 classrooms
        instructors: Chris Hallinan + TBD
    advanced users in main room for presentations
        (4 speakers TBD)
16:30-17:00 beer & wrapup

Specifically, we are looking for trainers for the classrooms as well
as speakers for the advanced sessions in the afternoon. The trainers
will need to spend some time over the next few months developing
materials for the hands-on labs that illustrate YP concepts as well as
attaching to sensors, displays, or other peripherals related to the
subject matter. For example, if we have an IoT room, the hardware will
need to support a few sensors and a communications radio (wifi,
zigbee, etc), while a robot room would support stepper motors and
distance sensors. We might even provide a competition where the most
robust device at the end of the day wins a prize of some kind.

There are many ideas possible here, but the ideas will need to be
supported by the hardware. Currently, attendees will be able to choose
between an Intel Galileo, a BeagleBone Black, and possibly some
options from other member organizations.

I'm also looking for keynote ideas.

Sponsor opportunities currently include:

- giveaways
- lunch
- coffee breaks

Contact me if you want to sponsor any of these at some level. These
opportunities are not limited to June 20, but the sooner you contact
me about them, the better.

thanks

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel