[yocto-ab] Yocto Project: upcoming conferences

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Thu Jan 23 12:36:04 PST 2014

Hi all - there are a number of conferences coming up in the spring
whose CFPs are ending soon. It would be really useful to get an idea
about who from each organization is planning to attend, and if there
are any presentations about YP being submitted, what are the subjects
so we can avoid overlap.

These are the upcoming events of interest for 2014. Please let me know
if you or someone from your organization is planning to attend and/or
talk about the Yocto Project.There will be a more comprehensive list
available before the next Advisory Board meeting that will include the
YP Advocacy Team's plans for each conference.

 *** PLEASE let me know if your organization is planning to have a
booth or speakers at any of these, or any other conferences relevant
to the Yocto Project. ***

Winter/Spring:

FOSDEM (Feb 1-2, Brussels): OpenEmbedded has a booth at this
conference, and two primary YP engineers will be there with stickers
and other goodies.

Mobile World Congress (Feb 24-27, Barcelona): At least one YP
presentation is planned

Embedded World (Feb 26-28, Nuremburg): At least one YP presentation is planned

Collaboration Summit (March 26-28, Napa): We are NOT planning a big YP
presence due to the proximity with so many other conferences, but
there may be some meetings of interest.

EE|Live (March 31 - April 3, San Jose): formerly DesignWest, formerly
ESC - the project is not planning a major presence at this (expensive)
conference, but I would love to know if anyone is planning to speak
there or will have a booth.

ELC North America (April 29-May 1, San Jose): This is our major spring
conference and I expect several YP talks to be accepted. We are also
in the planning stages for a Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded Hack-a-thon to
be held during the two days following ELC, so please plan accordingly.
More info as it develops.

Later in the year:

OSCON (July, Portland): typically has multiple member booths, not
normally much YP presence
as it is not a very embedded-centric conference. Fun to attend,
though. Please let me know if your organization has a booth planned.

LinuxCon North America (August, Chicago): also not a big embedded
conference and YP participation will be limited to advocacy/marketing
outreach, not major meetings. Again, please let me know if you have a
booth planned here.

ELCE - Embedded Linux Conference Europe (October, Dusseldorf): very
big deal for us. We will have a booth, presentations, meetings, and
probably a Developer Day. More in the future.

ARM TechCon (Oct/Nov, Santa Clara): I'd like to make it a big YP
conference at some point,
although the proximity to ELCE is unpleasant, and in fact we may not
be able to transport our booth between countries that quickly. If your
org typically has a booth here or is otherwise involved, please let me
know.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel
Yocto Project Community Manager http://yoctoproject.org