[yocto-ab] YP Advocacy team

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Thu Jan 23 08:55:49 PST 2014

Hi all - I have set up a Yocto Project Advocacy Team meeting for next
Wednesday and wanted to give a quick introduction for those who are
new to the group.

Advocacy is an Advisory Board sub-group responsible for promoting the
Yocto Project, similar to the marketing team for a company. This means
events (like conferences), messaging, the website, materials including
everything from stickers on up to glossy brochures, and everything
else you might consider a marketing activity. Of course, we aren't
actually selling anything, so "marketing" is a null term in this
context. Thus, the goal for the Advocacy team is to educate and raise
awareness, not to drive sales - and particularly to do so with respect
to ALL of the YP member organizations, not just one or a few.

More than any other public activity, Advocacy needs to be a
coordinated group activity among all of the YP members. We have
several events coming up fast and a few exciting opportunities to
discuss, so please consider joining the team, or sending a person from
your organization to the meeting on Weds. If you or someone from your
org does join the mailing list and wish to be invited to the meeting,
please have them contact me directly, as the invitation has already
been set up.

thanks
--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel