[yocto-ab] YP HW test strategy

William Mills wmills at ti.com
Mon Jan 6 11:34:24 PST 2014

On 01/02/2014 09:30 AM, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 12/11/2013 11:37 AM, William Mills wrote:

>>> I'm assuming you saw the email from Paul Eggleton where he evaluated the
>>> current position with LAVA and some of the other technologies out there?
>>> LAVA has some attractive features but also some downsides. I believe
>>> some of the LAVA people did see and respond to that email.
>>>

>> I did not but have looked at it now.  It looks like Paul is struggling
>> with the same thing we struggle with: what can LAVA be made to do with a
>> little bit of tweaking vs what is documented as the canonical (pun
>> intended) flow.
>>
>> I suggest a conf call to work through some of this.
>
> Who is going to take the lead getting this moving?

I'll start organizing this now that most people are back from holidays.

> What would be really
> helpful from my point of view is some form of blog/doc showing how to
> get LAVA to do something useful by testing on OE image in some form of
> vm. This way we can get a feel for what LAVA can do, without having to
> setup a master image on some real hardware.

That sounds like a good milestone but I am not convinced it is the
first one.  It may be closer to the "done" milestone for the first
phase of this.

The first thing I want to do is get a set of 1st level goals assembled
from the various players.

I have the people in mind from the TI and Linaro side.  Whom do we need
from the YP and OE side?  Sounds like Paul is a must have.  Khem and
Philip have expressed interest, do you want to be in the tiger team or
review the output?