[yocto-ab] ##SPAM## Yocto Project trainer available in Boston Dec 2-6

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Wed Nov 20 13:24:26 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey
> <jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com> wrote:
>> I wanted to let the Advisory Board know about it first in case any of
>> the AB orgs could use this kind of training for any of their groups,
>> or if you know of any partner organizations who could use it. If not,
>> I'd like to ask for your thoughts on whether to allow Robert to post
>> this on the Yocto Project mailing list. This is beneficial to the YP
>> community, and of course to whatever company takes him up on the
>> offer, but we generally do not allow marketing for any supporting
>> organizations on the mailing list, and I am of two minds about whether
>> it would be appropriate to deviate from that policy. It might be
>> better to create a blog post on the YP website for Robert. In any
>> case, I'm open to ideas.
>
> Personally I don't like the announcement idea; all partner
> organizations run business involved in Yocto and if we start to use
> the mailing list for it, it seems like an abuse for me.
>
> Please bear on mind that this is not related to Robert in any way but
> about the policy exception.

Understood & agreed, and I wouldn't even bring it up if I didn't think
that the event itself could help the community and the project
considerably. I think we could find other ways to help him find a
customer, though.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org