[yocto-ab] Yocto Project trainer available in Boston Dec 2-6

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Wed Nov 20 13:06:13 PST 2013

Longtime YP community contributor and independent trainer Robert Day
is going to be in Boston Dec 2-6 partly on business but with some time
on his hands, and he would like to try to teach a compressed Yocto
Project course while he is there. As his flight and hotel are paid
for, he would like to offer such a course for $2k/day, which is far
below market rate for corporate-level training. He can do either 2 or
3 days.

Robert regularly teaches Yocto Project courses to corporations around
North America. He has been doing some innovative courseware work
involving the use of his wiki during the course, with very good
response from his students.

I wanted to let the Advisory Board know about it first in case any of
the AB orgs could use this kind of training for any of their groups,
or if you know of any partner organizations who could use it. If not,
I'd like to ask for your thoughts on whether to allow Robert to post
this on the Yocto Project mailing list. This is beneficial to the YP
community, and of course to whatever company takes him up on the
offer, but we generally do not allow marketing for any supporting
organizations on the mailing list, and I am of two minds about whether
it would be appropriate to deviate from that policy. It might be
better to create a blog post on the YP website for Robert. In any
case, I'm open to ideas.

thanks

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog