[yocto-ab] Yocto Project AB VOTE: OS Systems

Cherry, John John_Cherry at mentor.com
Wed Aug 21 09:32:33 PDT 2013

As a "troll" member of the Yocto AB now, I'd like to chime in on this request.  First, I'd like to say that Otavio Salvador is a great contributor and role model for Yocto involvement.  My opinion on "YP Compatibility" has nothing to do with Otavio's involvement with the YP.

I would assume that there is some business advantage to be gained by declaring the OSS Systems distribution to be "YP Compatible."  OSS Systems is obviously serving a market that other YP members are benefitting from (no names mentioned here).  Would it be possible for OSS Systems to be sponsored by a current YP member at some level and then the issue of YP membership would not be an issue.

Otherwise, if I were an active Yocto board member, I would probably side with WR and vote no.

Thanks,
John