[yocto-ab] Yocto Project AB VOTE: OS Systems

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Aug 21 08:12:38 PDT 2013

On 08/20/2013 07:11 PM, Ta, Lieu wrote:
> I would like to uphold the AB rule that YP Compatible requires YP membership.

I can see two sides to this.

1) We want to encourage people to join the Yocto Project and support the
physical needs of the project.

2) We do not want to see the YP Compatible badge become equivalent with
"large corporate" project s only.

There are lots of people working and contributing to the project who do
not have the financial resources to join the Yocto Project as paying
members. The underlying strength of the project is the diversity of
people using and contributing to it. We do not want to create some form
of class structure based on money.

This is a fascinating problem.

Philip