[yocto-ab] VOTE: Intel BSPs for YP Compatible status

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Tue Nov 13 13:38:25 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Daniel Stenberg
<daniel.stenberg at enea.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey wrote:
>
>> For layer releases, I wonder if it would make sense to allow a
>> maintainer to cite the layer itself as the project and then list
>> individual BSPs or features in the notes. Would that make sense to
>> everyone, or would you rather approve BSPs individually?
>

> I would approve of ways that reduce the amount of registration requests, so
> I would indeed like to see the layer as as project worthy of a registration
> instead of single BSPs within it.
>
> And to be honest, it wasn't very clear (to me) in the registration emails
> from Intel just now that this was what was going on...

Thanks, Daniel - I agree, it was unclear, and when we set the process
up this summer I don't think we really anticipated that each BSP would
have to be entered individually. If the rest of the members are agreed
that bulk registration is desirable for layers with a lot of features,
I'll write up some guidelines and send them around for discussion.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org