[yocto-ab] upcoming face-to-face Yocto Project AB meetings

Hudson, Sean Sean_Hudson at mentor.com
Tue Jun 26 15:47:18 PDT 2012

> As most of you know, the AB tries to meet face to face at least once
> per quarter at Linux Foundation events. For Q3 and Q4, the meetings
> would take place at LinuxCon San Diego (August) and ELCE Barcelona
> (November), respectively. Normally I simply beg a room with a
> conference phone from the Linux Foundation during the conference.
> However, LF has indicated that they are quite impacted on rooms during
> both conferences, and have asked me whether alternative meeting times
> are possible.
In some ways, I am glad to hear this, as I think there is a lot of benefit attending the conference sessions themselves.
Perhaps this is an opportunity to establish a new pattern for the face-to-face meetings?
For example, meeting at the end of a conference day and then heading to one of the social events seems appealing.
At the very least, it would help encourage us to keep the meetings short!

> For LinuxCon San Diego, one possibility is to meet the day before the
> conference, on Tuesday August 25. Would that present a problem for
> anyone? Another alternative is to find a different meeting space, but
> that would mean traveling away from the venue during the conference.
This works for me.  I am planning to attend in person and will be booking travel shortly, so let's lock down the details soon.
How/when do we finalize the day?

> Similarly, for ELCE, we could meet on Sunday November 4. That would
> mean coming to Barcelona a day early. Perhaps we could ease the pain
> by setting up an afternoon wine-tasting tour or something similar.
Currently, I am planning to submit a talk, or two, so I will most likely be there for ELCE.
Personally, I'd prefer a day later in the week, or an evening meeting.
It is also worth noting that the Yocto Dev Day is on Thursday, Nov. 8th.