[yocto-ab] New Yocto Project website design

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Tue Jun 19 14:05:01 PDT 2012

We now have a finalized working design for the new website, based on
the copious feedback from the advocacy team and several months work
with a design agency. We are now ready to start the buildout process,
which will be done partly by our sysadmin Michael Halstead and partly
with the help of a contracting agency. Images are attached in a zip
file which show examples of the final design. The overall structure of
the site is represented with the orange navigation links in the upper
left corner, but keep in mind that these are not actual pages - they
are meant only as examples to show the various building blocks
available.

Some members have commented on the darkness of the design. I have also
included an alternative image of the home page as it would appear with
a white background instead of near-black. This change could be
effected with a few lines in a CSS file, so the possibility is open
for discussion.

We are hoping to have the buildout and all new content ready before
LinuxCon North America in August. The new site will be demonstrated
for the Advisory Board prior to unleashing it on the public. If anyone
has any feedback or some time to help with content review and
revision, please let me know.

thanks
--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog