[yocto-ab] Personas for embedded Linux

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Nov 5 05:59:49 PDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 08:06 AM, Stewart, David C wrote:
> Hello AB -
>
> I mentioned in this week's AB meeting that I have been working on a small number of usage stories to help steer our usage model work. I have attached them here. Would really like you to read them and see if they resonate with people you know and what their problems are.
>
> Some notes:
>
> * The exercise was motivated to help our developers understand the problems we're having in getting Yocto adopted by some folks
> * They are not representative of all of the uses of Yocto, just a few critical ones where we need to done some urgent work (my opinion)
> * These describe features which are not yet implemented. The idea is to set a vision for future development.
> * These do not describe all of the
> * I intend to send these out to the general ML at some point for feedback
> * These can only be as good as the input I get for them. So please send in your cards and letters.
>
> (If you think you saw an earlier version of this, you should read them again because I did an editing / enhancement pass over them.

I'd like to see you add another usage story:

Don't forget the poor guy who has to provide production images to
manufacturing. He needs to interface between an active groups of
developers and a manufacturing process the needs isolating from the day
to day development work.

This is really hard to communicate to the developers :)

Philip